Test Design and Development
Grants to (re)design Competency, Practical, or Advanced assessments in individual languages:
- Tests must measure real-world, functional language proficiency in all four skills (speaking, writing, reading and listening) at the given level.
- An iterative process of proposal, test design and revision, then test development and revision must be followed. Each step is laid out in the Timeline.
- Test design and development takes place optimally over breaks or gradually over one or two quarters.
- You must attend a corresponding workshop to be eligible to apply for a test development grant.
- Applications for test development are due approximately three weeks after a workshop. Participants will receive up to $1,500 upon completion of a fully developed, approved test.
Pre-requisite: Completion of a Language Assessment Workshop and OPI training.
Applicants submit an application form and statement of purpose on Canvas, along with a proposal for the test they plan to design and develop. They must attend an assessment workshop and have identified outcomes across the four skills when they apply. Along with submitting an application and proposal on Canvas, participants must have their language coordinator (where applicable) and department chair email their approval to Phuong Nguyen. Deadline: November 11, 2022.